Exodus 4:12

"Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say." - Exodus 4:12

My soul, pause over this sweet promise which the Lord gave to Moses; for surely the same is in effect said to every minister, every child of God, and every believer. He that made man's mouth, will give everything suitable to the mouth, and proportion everything to the necessity of his people. And do, my soul, remark the comprehensiveness of the promise. Will not He who undertakes to be with the mouth, be also with all the renewed faculties of the soul? Jesus gives the tongue of the learned. Jesus gives grace to the lips, understanding to the heart, eyes to the blind, feet to the lame: the bread shall be given, and the water shall be sure, and the defense shall be the mountains of rocks. Go then, my soul, go wheresoever the Lord leads: for he saith, "Be not afraid, I am with thee, I am thy. God." Learn, my soul; then to eye Jesus in all, and depend upon it, Jesus will bless thee in the use of all. Make his glory thy aim, and thy happiness will be his glory.



No comments :

Post a Comment