Jeremiah 9:23-24

"Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might; let not the rich man glory in his riches; but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord." - Jeremiah 9:23-24

And didst thou, my poor, proud, vain, sinful heart, after so much as hath been said to thee of Jesus, and so much as thou hast been feelingly taught thy want of Jesus, didst thou need this precept? Oh yes, my soul; every day it had need be sounded in thy ears, and wrote over again by the Holy Ghost upon thine heart. Now it is, Lord Jesus, I learn from hence why thou art so suited to a poor convinced sinner. Thou, and thou only, art the Lord our righteousness: and therefore let those that know not their own worthlessness, nor thy glory, boast in what they may; let others talk of what they will, I see plain enough there's nothing out of thee for a poor soul to rejoice in. The wise men hath no wisdom, but in thee; nor the mighty man strength, nor the rich man riches, but if thou art my portion, thou art made of God to me both wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption; and then indeed I shall glory in the Lord!


No comments :

Post a Comment